Friday, December 19, 2008

Island of Misfit Decorations


These are just a few of the festive items available in the holiday decor section of my local Deal$ store. It looks more like the Island of Misfit Decorations, as more people pick through items and leave stuff broken and tossed around on the shelves.

It looks like the aftermath of a Harrow's "Day After Christmas Sale". Remember those? My sister and I went to our local Harrow's (which, coincidentally, is located almost right next-door to our favorite Big Lots) to look at their holiday items. We had one word for it - scary! It didn't look anything like this.

Not sure who would want a blue metal tabletop tree. I'm sure there's someone, though. I wasn't sure who'd want all the 18 inch tabletop foil trees, either, until I saw a woman walking out with a shopping cart full of the things. Glad I'm not on her Christmas list!

No comments: